Hitachi Data Systems Puts Partners First With Enhancements to the Hitachi TrueNorth Partner Program
SANTA CLARA, Calif.— May 16, 2013 — Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced a series of significant enhancements to the award-winning Hitachi TrueNorth Partner Program. The improved program for 2013 focuses on specialization, education, incentives and support designed to help accelerate HDS partners’ sales revenue and profit.
“There has never been a better time to be a Hitachi TrueNorth partner than right now,” said Jack Domme, CEO, Hitachi Data Systems. “We are creating massive, unique opportunities for partners to grow their business by addressing the most complex business challenges our customers face. We are honored to work with outstanding partners that continue to bring incredible value and innovation to not only the customers they serve, but the entire marketplace.”
Hitachi TrueNorth Partner Program Enhancements
- Hitachi TrueNorth Services Specialization Program: Provides partners around the globe with real-time 24/7 access to the same tools, best practices, and associated manuals and implementation materials as Hitachi Data Systems employees, under a single-access framework. The program is now enhanced with a set of remote service offerings for Hitachi Unified Storage, available through our distribution partners, Arrow and Avnet.
- Hitachi TrueNorth Scholarship Program: HDS will extend this program later this year with “Just For You” training. This on-demand adaptive learning approach builds on existing skills and expertise to deliver the right training at the right time to make customer facing interactions more productive. Since 2011, the Hitachi TrueNorth program has been providing all training to partners at no cost. In the past year, hundreds of partners have taken thousands of training courses ensuring they have knowledge on the latest solution designs and implementations.
- Industry-Leading Partner Incentives: This new global, best-in-class partner reward structure includes incentive rebates to partners for all HDS solutions and offerings. Competency-based rebates are available for partners who have specialized delivery and integration skills supporting Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP).
- Account Segmentation: HDS is continuing the tradition of partner-centric selling, broadening TrueNorth Partner engagement, which includes further clarity regarding end user account strategies, potential participation in named Hitachi Data Systems accounts, and leadership in non-named accounts in North America. Account segmentation will increase the number of sales and service accounts for Hitachi TrueNorth Partners, enabling greater business building and profit growth opportunities.
- Fully Integrated Hitachi Converged Solutions from Avnet: As an Authorized Integration Partner, Avnet Technology Solutions now offers Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco Unified Computing System as a fully integrated solution to the North American market. Using industry-leading components from Hitachi Data Systems, this pre-configured, tightly integrated solution features the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP), in a simple, flexible and cost-effective converged solution.
- First Call Support Program for Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS: Longtime Hitachi TrueNorth partner Datalink was selected for its converged infrastructure support expertise to deploy an inaugural support program with its OneCall support centers in North America. Datalink can now perform all implementation and support services for Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS and Hitachi VSP. This new program is being used to confirm the viability and requirements needed for expansion of the First Call program in the near future.
“Hitachi Data Systems partners are a strategic and critical component of our ability to help customers increase efficiency and flexibility in their IT infrastructures,” said Mike Walkey, senior vice president, Global Partners and Alliances, Hitachi Data Systems. “These new enhancements usher in the next generation of our partner program and affirm our commitment to continuing to invest and improve the way we team with our partners.”
Supporting Partner Quotes
- Datalink: “With deep expertise across the server, storage, network technologies, 2 U.S.-based support centers, and data center optimization best practices, Datalink has proven itself as a converged data center leader. Datalink’s design, implementation, support, and ongoing management ofHitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS and Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform infrastructures will help organizations realize the full benefits these industry-leading solutions have to offer.” - Shawn O’Grady, executive vice president of Field Services
- Avnet Technology Solutions: “Providing supplier-based services for resellers to leverage aligns directly with Avnet’s solutions distribution strategy. Our participation in the Hitachi TrueNorth Partner Program provides an ideal combination of value-based rewards and access to new solutions and services that enable Avnet to continue to help our partners meet customer requirements, distinguish themselves from the competition, and accelerate their growth through increased market share.” - Randy Wright, vice president and general manager for the Hitachi Data Systems group, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas
The Hitachi TrueNorth Partner Program has a longstanding history of success, including a 2013 Data Center 100 win, a 2012 Storage Vendor of the Year win and most recently being named to CRN’s Five Star Partner Program Guide for 2013.
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets (ROA), and demonstrable business impact. With approximately 6,000 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100. Visit us at www.HDS.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 326,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2012 (ended March 31, 2013) consolidated revenues totaled 9,041 billion yen ($96.1 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, industrial, transportation and urban development systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
© Hitachi Data Systems Corporation 2013. All rights reserved. HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. Innovate With Information is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi Data Systems Corporation. All other trademarks, service marks, and company names are properties of their respective owners.
Hitachi Data Systems
Lois Paul & Partners