To fully exploit cloud in the coming years, organizations need a strategic cloud partner, not merely a supplier of “cloud-ready” hardware or software. This partner should facilitate the transition to a cloud architecture by providing a pre-engineered hardware/software optimized for fast deployment and low cost operations.
This partner must also provide the complementary services to support rapid transition to a cloud-optimized IT operations model. The key capabilities to look for from your partner include:
- Pre-engineered solution to reduce time to being cloud-ready
- Flexible acquisition and financing options for systems, software, and managed services
- Assistance in service creation, rationalization, and automation
- Insight into the new capabilities available in leading hosted private and public cloud environments
- Continuous resource usage monitoring and optimization
- Advanced data protection, data security and control systems
Solutions like HDS’s Enterprise Cloud, its portfolio of complimentary cloud assessment, design, deployment, and managed services, and its flexible acquisition models will play a critical role in driving organizations’ rapid shift to cloud-based application development in leading-edge areas such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and cognitive systems.