In case you missed the recent news, Hitachi Vantara announced an expanded strategic collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for industrial solutions based on Lumada.
From the start, these digital solutions are designed to run well in hyperscale cloud environments like AWS, but through the expanded partnership, we’re making sure it gets even better from here.
At its core, the expanded collaboration is about commitment and support from both organizations to ensure industrial solutions like Lumada Manufacturing Insights can easily be deployed at scale on AWS cloud infrastructure.
So, what does this really mean for you as a customer?
First of all, the partnership addresses several challenges companies report facing along the journey to digitalization. 451 Research, for example, refers to this state as “Pilot Purgatory.”
In a September 2020 report titled “The Role of Platform-Powered Professional Services in Getting Outcome-Centric IoT Projects to Production,” 451 Research found that only about half of pilot projects ever make it to an operational state. Complexity of the technology and senior management’s hesitation to move it into production are two of several reasons given for the setbacks.
The report also lists what has helped respondents move out of the pilot phase faster. This includes things like having a better understanding of how to deploy IoT applications and vendors becoming more proficient at helping clients move projects into production.
In sum, “Pilot Purgatory” often stems from (1) not having done it before and (2) not having experienced guides to help you succeed. These are two aspects we can address.
With the expanded Hitachi and AWS agreement, you can:
- Easily access Hitachi’s digital solutions based on Lumada, encapsulating the deep domain expertise Hitachi has across industrial segments such as manufacturing, energy and transportation. Hitachi is a company that personifies combining IT and OT; since we’re going through the same challenges that you are, you’ll benefit from our hands-on expertise.
- Confidently partner with a company that has rock-solid Industrial IoT credentials. Hitachi was recently recognized as a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Industrial IoT Platforms based on our Lumada IoT software (read the blog here).
- Benefit from the broad and end-to-end data management expertise of Hitachi Vantara. Data is becoming the life blood of companies as they digitalize – across all industries. Companies that rely on business-critical data for their operations choose Hitachi Vantara. For example, nine out of 10 of the largest banks use Hitachi’s data solutions.
- Remove solution deployment and scaling from your list of challenges. Solutions like Lumada Manufacturing Insights are designed to easily deploy on AWS and scale with ease. Hitachi Vantara is also a Premier Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network and has extensive experience migrating on-premise applications to AWS and modernizing applications to fully take advantage of the AWS cloud infrastructure and the solutions available on it. We can help you deploy on AWS regardless of how large or complex your solution is.
- Integrate with additional solutions and functionality on the AWS platform, now or in the future. The ecosystem of solutions on the AWS platform and the set of functionalities in the platform itself is constantly expanding. You may want to connect the Hitachi solution to other systems that you already use or plan to use. Our expanded agreement ensures the solution is future-proof for making those connections.
The Bottom Line
Customers don’t have to choose between the best digital industrial solutions and the easiest way to deploy or scale that solution anymore. You can have both.
Where and how to get started? Oftentimes, the first step is to identify the area with the biggest payback. Take a look at our digital transformation calculator to determine your next steps.