After years of fostering employee engagement and working alongside a range of teams, I’ve found the best way to unlock the full potential of all employees and serve clients is by fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce.
That is why today I’m encouraged to share news that Hitachi Vantara recently earned a 95 (out of 100) on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), the foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality in the United States.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) envisions a world where individuals who identify as LGBTQ are embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community. Its annual assessment of LGBTQ workplace equality is a driving force in realizing that vision. In hopes of learning how we can be the best possible allies to our LGBTQ colleagues, Hitachi Vantara participated in the CEI this year.
The CEI rates companies on detailed criteria falling under four central pillars, including:
- Non-discrimination policies across business entities;
- Equitable benefits for LGBTQ workers and their families;
- Supporting an inclusive culture; and,
- Corporate social responsibility.
While we are honored by this recognition, we are committed to continuing to build upon this success. To date, some of our efforts in supporting equality through workplace practices, include the following benefits for our U.S.-based employees:
- Offering transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage.
- Adopting gender transition guidelines to establish best practices in supporting transgender and nonbinary employees.
- Providing inclusive benefits for same- and different-sex spouses and partners.
Our score on the CEI indicates a strong start, but at Hitachi Vantara, we recognize there is more work to do to advance equality in the workplace. In the year ahead, we plan to further our efforts in this arena because we know diverse thinking and a culture of empowerment helps us not only build stronger connections with each other but improves our ability to navigate a changing world.