In case you missed it in the hustle and bustle of today’s big news, Hitachi Vantara is now offering an integrated, scale-out data protection solution based on Commvault HyperScale X technology to provide peace of mind for your toughest data challenges.
This is the latest addition to a long history of collaboration and innovation between the two companies, both recognized as leaders in their respective industries by Gartner. The partnership has spanned over 17 years – with over 1,200 joint customers – and the HyperScale X release shows that there’s no sign of slowing down any time soon.
HyperScale X is a flagship product at Commvault, marrying an innovative scale-out architecture built on distributed storage with industry-leading data protection and management through Commvault’s Intelligent Data Services portfolio. The result is a purpose-built solution that modernizes how customers manage their data – both on-premises and in the cloud. Some key features of HyperScale X include:
- High performance backup and recovery with automatic load balancing that optimizes efficiency and performance, and enhances recovery capabilities
- Protection for modern workloads like containers, cloud-native IaaS/PaaS, and SaaS applications
- Optimized scalability that supports single-node expansion, avoiding excess costs caused by overprovisioning
- Cloud mobility to natively move workloads and data with policy-driven automation
- Resiliency that can withstand multiple hardware failures and reduces downtime
- Enhanced, multi-layered ransomware protection with advanced anomaly detection and immutable storage to ensure recoverability
Hitachi Vantara now brings HyperScale X to its data protection portfolio as the Commvault HyperScale X for Hitachi Data Protection Suite, delivering this modern scale-out architecture as an integrated, pre-built solution (built on Hitachi Advanced Server HA820 servers) shipped direct from its distribution centers. Customers will benefit from the accelerated time to value and the reliability and trusted service that Hitachi Vantara provides. This makes a simple deployment process even easier — and more predictable — and gives the solution an appliance-like quality while maintaining flexibility in how it can be scaled and maintained.
Our longtime partners are excited about the news, too.
“HyperScale X is an excellent fit into our data protection portfolio alongside other Commvault-integrated products like HCP for CloudScale and our award-winning VSP platform,” said Kimberly King, global vice president of Strategic Partners and Alliances at Hitachi Vantara. “With a deep lineup of differentiated solutions like these, we are extremely confident that we can solve our customers’ data management challenges and deliver them a solution that helps them not only protect their data but also utilize it to innovate and grow their business.”
For Hitachi Vantara and Commvault customers, this solution is an opportunity to innovate and grow their business with a modern data protection solution that combines the best from two industry leaders.
- Accelerating the Data-Driven Enterprise – The Vision by Gajen Kandiah
- Data-Driven and Cloud Ready Infrastructure – The Q&A with Russell Skingsley
- Cloud Management for the Modern Workload – The Q&A with Premkumar Balasubramanian
- Hitachi Vantara – All Systems Go
- Read the Press Release: Hitachi Launches New Application Reliability Services
- Read the Press Release: Hitachi Launches New Data Infrastructure Solutions for Private and Hybrid Cloud
Be sure to check out Insights for perspectives on the data-driven world.
A version of this story first appeared on the Commvault Blog.
Rahul Pawar is Global Field CTO & Partner Strategy, Commvault.