Hitachi Vantara has once again been recognized as a leader and fast mover in the 2023 GigaOm Radar for Unstructured Data Management: Infrastructure-Focused Solutions, marking the third consecutive year we have achieved this honor.
The report emphasizes the growing complexity of unstructured data management and highlights the importance of having a solution that can seamlessly handle data movement at scale automatically.
Our unstructured data management solutions provide organizations with the ability to understand their data and build a strategy to optimize costs while increasing ROI for data storage. With the right strategy and tools, organizations can turn data from a liability into an asset, mitigating risks and taking advantage of opportunities.
Why Unstructured Data Management Matters?
In today’s digital age, the amount of unstructured data generated by businesses is growing rapidly. Studies suggest that unstructured data can account for up to 80-90% of an organization’s total data volume. This is because unstructured data includes a wide range of data types, such as emails, documents, images, videos, social media posts, and more, which are generated by various departments and functions within an organization. The volume of data generated by organizations continues to grow rapidly with a constant stream of new sources of unstructured data coming from IoT devices, machines, sensors, chatbots, virtual assistance and other sources of digital content.
As a result, effective management of unstructured data is now recognized as a critical enabler for organizations to harness the full value of their data, make informed decisions, and gain a competitive advantage in the market.
The top five reasons unstructured data management is growing more critical:
1. Data-driven decision-making: Unstructured data often contains valuable insights and information that can help organizations make informed decisions. Effective management of unstructured data allows enterprises to extract meaningful insights from large volumes of data, enabling them to make data-driven decisions.
2. Improved efficiency and productivity: Unstructured data management can help enterprises improve their operational efficiency and productivity by streamlining data processing and analysis. By organizing and categorizing unstructured data, organizations can reduce the time and effort required to extract insights from the data.
3. Regulatory compliance: Organizations are often required to comply with various regulations and data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), SEC Rule 17a and others. Effective unstructured data management can help organizations ensure compliance with these regulations and avoid penalties.
4. Cost savings: Effective unstructured data management can help enterprises reduce their storage costs by eliminating redundant or unnecessary data. By optimizing data storage, enterprises can also reduce their data processing and analysis costs.
5. Improved customer experience: Unstructured data management can help enterprises improve their customer experience by providing them with a more personalized and relevant experience. By analyzing unstructured data such as customer feedback and social media posts, enterprises can gain insights into customer preferences and behavior, allowing them to tailor their products and services accordingly.
How Hitachi Vantara is Helping
Our comprehensive data management strategy for IoT, big data, and unstructured data is a game-changer for businesses looking to manage their data effectively. We offer a broad range of solutions for unstructured data management, including Hitachi Content Platform, Content Intelligence, Hitachi Ops Center Protector, Lumada and Pentaho.
When it comes to robust, granular, and automated data management capabilities, our Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) and Content Intelligence solutions offer a range of features that optimize and augment data and metadata, making it more accessible for further processing through tools like Pentaho and Lumada Data Catalog. One of the key strengths of Content Intelligence is its ability to define policies and actions based on standard and custom object metadata, allowing businesses to tailor the solution to their specific needs.
Our solutions also offer multiple capabilities related to compliance and governance, making it ideal for businesses operating in heavily regulated industries. Hitachi Content Intelligence can be used for retention management and legal hold purposes, supports geo-fencing, GDPR, HIPAA, and other regulatory frameworks, and includes data disposal workflows, including a built-in system to process RtbF requests.
Our solutions can be optimized for several use cases, including indexing and search, data governance and compliance, search, auditing, e-discovery, analytics, ransomware protection, and detection of other security threats.
Our unstructured data management solutions are a strong choice for large organizations looking for a comprehensive and mature solution that offers business-oriented features like policies and data workflows and for infrastructure use cases such as hybrid cloud storage and data protection. Our broad ecosystem of solutions makes Hitachi Vantara an excellent choice for businesses looking to manage their data effectively.
Tanya Loughlin is director product solutions marketing, Hitachi Vantara.
- High Praise for Hitachi Content Platform | Hitachi Vantara Blog
- Revolutionizing Object Storage to Meet Rising Hybrid Multi-Cloud Demands | Hitachi Vantara Blog
- Hitachi Vantara: File and Object Storage – Object Storage Solutions | Hitachi Vantara to BrightTalk here:
- GigaOm Webinar: A Holistic View of Infrastructure and People: Embracing a Hybrid Cloud Approach (brighttalk.com)
- Customer Success: Data Matters Partners with Hitachi to Boost Competitive Advantage | Hitachi Vantara
- Press Release: Hitachi Vantara Sees Object Storage Growth Explode as Organizations Seek Data Driven Advantages
- GigaOm Radar for Unstructured Data Management: Infrastructure-Focused Solutions